[band variation=”alternative” inset=”no” backgroundimage=”https://www.parcelworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Seattle1.jpg” paddingtop=”25px” paddingbottom=”25px”]
ParcelWorks offer a quick and reliable delivery service when sending parcels to the U.S.
ParcelWorks can offer competitive rates without compromising on our service. We ensure an efficient delivery from beginning to the end of transit.
Parcel works offer two ways in which to send your parcel, depending on the size of your parcel you can either have it collected from your home address or drop it off with one of our local partners. For click and drop services your parcel can weigh up to 10kg so it is suitable for small and medium sized parcels. For large consignments regular collections maybe more suitable for your needs. The parcels are then sorted before being flown to the U.S.A.
We work with reliable partners both in the U.K and U.S.A to ensure your parcel has a smooth transit & parcels will be delivered between 3-6 days.
*all SLAs are timed from arrival in to the UK depot
The information provided on this page refers to our ParcelWorks Plus service. We also offer a non-duty managed service in partnership with UK carriers to multiple destinations. Click here for more information.
USA Service Summary
• All parcels in which the retailers wish to send to the USA will be collected and transported to The Processing centre.
• At TPC they will continue the process of the parcel by weighing, scanning and labelling it.
• The parcel will then be delivered to the Heathrow Facility.
• When at the Heathrow facility the parcels are prepared for transit to the USA.
• When the above steps are completed the parcel will be sent to London Heathrow (LHR) and flown to New York (JFK).
• When the parcel arrives in the U.S.A they will be cleared by a customs broker and collected by Worldnet Shipping USA to be sorted and shipped to Newgistic hubs depending on their final destination these hubs are Elizabeth / Dallas / Los Angeles / Atlanta.
• At their relevant sorting hub the parcels will be receipted and then passed onto the local USPS hubs for final mile delivery.
Customs Information and Carrier Restrictions
Please note: The Customs Territory of the U.S. includes the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
Duty is due when shipping to the United States of America. This is based on the value of the goods being sent.
Rates can either be a % of the value of the goods or a fixed amount per item or specific with the average duty rate circa 5.63%.
Duty is not charged on the value of the goods up to US$200.
Please check for further in-country customs’ restrictions here: United States’ Customs Website
• Parcels will be dispatched via four different routes Atlanta (ATL), Dallas (DFW), Elizabeth (ELZ) AND Los Angeles (LAX).
• When parcels arrive in New York (JFK) they will be cleared by customs.
• Newgistics will then take 3-6 business days to process the parcel this does depend on the final delivery area.
• The customer will be sent two generated emails to make them aware of where their parcel is in transit.
• Depending on the products being shipped there may be up to a 15% duty and taxes charge.
• If the customer is not at the delivery address if possible the parcel will be left in a safe place or will be taken to the local post office and the customer will be left a card.
• There is no second attempt at delivery.
• Customers have up to 15 days to collect their parcel from their local post office before it is returned.